Is it asking Money to your Parent, Relatives, Neighbor?
Is it to organize a Dance party?
Is it to write a grant letter request to local Grantees?
Is it to make a donation box in a Big Shopping Complex?
Above all is true to fund raising techniques, however, there’s a bit more to understand it. I’ve risen $$ funds for my projects even from unknown people and kind organizations from my laptop all over the world. Can you believe, I still haven’t met those generous donors? How do I do?
First of all, Fund is the most important fundamental to do a project. However, a fund raiser must know following.
* the Project Mission
* Project Activities
A project could be a supplying water plan to village, buying books for child education, school construction in developing countries. Here comes, the fund raising techniques you need as a fund raiser:
1. TRUST: Globally, People put importance of Connection and Networking in first place, but I put Trust and Faith in First place, which is more humane. Because People give you money if they believe you. So, First Things you need to understand is the real project impacts because you need to Convince your donors that your project is going to make with their funds.
Is the cause you support is of value?Because People value things.
Can you feel the real impacts by yourself?Because you’ve to explain it to donors.
What is your value or a trust you’ve gained in a circle of life?
Networking starts with Connection through your Family, Friends and Relatives.Connection means your Second person or direct contact (who they know you in person). So, Think, how you can gain a trust?
2. WORDS and PICTURES:Do you feel the words are very powerful? Which words do you use to eloquently influence your donors? Your words and physical expressions should have a passion. Once you get to know the project details with Pictures (that displays current grim situation), the powerful words automatically appear to your mouth and bring trickling sensations to your donors, when you speak or email to your donor. Listen to your heart before you speak –
* Short, Sweet, Relevant and Quick sentences.
* Carry a Placard with pictures of Poor Infrastructure of classrooms.
* Words should touch your donors : Effective communication
3. APPROACHES:You and Your Plan should be the “Talk of the Town”. Use the tools as below:
- Person to Person or face to face: is the best approach, people believe in human relation more.
- E-mail: Take a review of your writing proposal before sending it. Make contact lists to say thank you after your project completed, like email lists, phone number.
- Social Media : Make a group by Connection and Networking
- Linkedin : Professional profile.
- Special Occasion: Weddings, Birthday, Party House- Put a donation box with project pictures and take a few seconds to public assembling to let a reason of a donation.
- Internet : Make use of search engines.
4. NUMBERS: You should play with a number. Think !! How can you achieve your budget?
- Many people- less $$ collection per person.
- Less people – More $$ collection per person. (Go and Dare to ask a dollar from one person and ask from 1000 people), Can you meet 1000 people in a day, holding a placard with pictures of poor infrastructure of classrooms that you want to reconstruct them?
TIME- Fund Raising has a limited duration. Think of few effective words to bring attention in order to save time of your donors. Keep back in mind “People are Busy”.
You should “Dare” to ask to leave an evening BEER drink for a Good Cause? And ready to compel them logically, Why can’t they donate?
5. RECOGNITION : Say Thank you to your project supporters with a letter, email, and sending pictures of completed projects and explain real impacts in numbers, percentage, graphs.You will gain more trust and become more competent among other fund raisers in future. Officially you can provide report writing. If they are in town, it is better to make a call and say ‘Thank you’, it makes them happy.They will give you $$$ again and again.
TIPS: THOUGHTS OF THE DAY
Do you give money when someone asks you? What you think more when someone ask? Do you become Skeptics about his/her proposal? What questions do you ask him/her? How much time do you take to decide whether to give or not? Do you think about his/her past behavior to you? Do you actually Trust him/her? You can do it and earn “Good Karma”. You will learn more positive aspects of Life than difficulties in raising funds.
Same questions you should ask to yourself before you go to ask money?